Pasta with Prosciutto & Burrata
by chef unknown
Perfectly paired with our 2017 hope & grace Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
If you have not purchased the wine to accompany the recipe, click HERE.
1 lb linguine
1/2 cup unsalted butter
4 ounces prosciutto,
roughly torn into small pieces
3 tbsp. chopped parsley
1 lemon, sliced thin
1 small fennel bulb, chopped
1 - 8 ounce burrata ball
Freshly grated parmesan
1. Cook linguine in boiling, salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water to thicken the pasta with before finishing. Drain.
2. With 1 tbsp butter, soften fennel with medium low heat with no color. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In same pan, place lemon slices in pan for 5 minutes until they have color. Remove from pan and set aside.
heat in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
4. Add remaining butter to pan. Swirl the pan so that the butter doesn't burn. Remove from heat immediately when foaming subsides, butter turns light, golden brown and gives off a nutty aroma.
5. Stir in fennel , prosciutto, and parsley. Toss with linguine and parmesan. Garnish with lemon and burrata quarters.
Tips: We love pairing this simple dish with grilled salmon for a more elegant summer dinner party.